Trading Specialist and Research Analyst
Anderson, Hoagland is a federally registered investment advisor providing investment management and financial advisory services to approximately 100 families with cumulative assets under management of approximately $1 billion as of December 31, 2023.
Our company is small and collegial with a commitment to delivering superior service and results for clients. We construct broadly diversified investment portfolios combining individual equity and fixed income securities with exchange traded funds. We are currently seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Trading Specialist and Research Analyst.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of the investment team to monitor client portfolios and recommend trades that will maintain target equity and fixed income allocations in accordance with a given client’s investment policy and Anderson Hoagland’s investment methods
- Develop and execute trades in individual accounts or in block trades across multiple client accounts using the company’s portfolio management and trading platforms (Orion and Eclipse)
- Provide continuous monitoring of cash balance targets and securities subject to trading restrictions in client accounts
- Support the management of equity portfolios by screening stocks for possible inclusion in client portfolios and conducting research on industry sectors and individual companies
- Regularly evaluate the exchange traded funds utilized in client accounts and recommend changes based on monitoring and analysis of the ETF universe
- Perform assigned research needed by the investment team to maintain and update the company’s macroeconomic outlook
- Prepare client presentations relating to portfolio composition and investment performance
- Initial responsibilities will focus primarily on the company’s trade and equity research related activities. Over time, responsibilities may grow to include more advanced equity and fixed income analysis, portfolio management, financial planning, and direct client relationship activities.
- Bachelor’s degree with a business, investment, or finance emphasis
- Interest in pursuing CFA and/or CFP designations
- Solid numerical, analytical and research skills
- In depth Excel spreadsheet skills with the ability to build and maintain detailed financial models
- Strong understanding of the financial markets and investment process
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Eagerness to develop skills that lead to other opportunities to advance in the industry